Are you troubled by someone's drinking?
Our 20-question self-quiz can help you decide if Al-Anon may be of help. If you identify with the sentiments, we urge you to try our program. It has helped many of us find solutions that lead to serenity.
- Do you worry about how much someone drinks?
- Do you have money problems because of someone else's drinking?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else's drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker loved you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?
- Are plans frequently upset or canceled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
- Do you make threats, such as, "If you don't stop drinking, I'll leave you"?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker's breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker's behavior?
- Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking?
- Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you often ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
- Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
- Do you sometimes feel like a failure when you think of the lengths you have gone to control the drinker?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel angry, confused or depressed most of the time?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
Al-Anon Family Groups of Greater St. Louis
14 Sunnen Drive Suite 144
Maplewood MO 63143
Office hours 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri
“Al-Anon survives and grows because of the involvement and commitment of its members.”
How Al-Anon Works for Families & Friends of Alcoholics
(B-22), page 117