AIS Office Hours:
Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
During Inclement Weather:
For the safety of our members and staff please call before visiting the office.
Our outgoing message will state if we are open or closed.
After Hours Answering Service (314) 645-1572
An Al-Anon volunteer will return calls until 9:00 pm.
Are you troubled by someone's drinking?
Our 20-question self-quiz can help you decide if Al-Anon may be of help. If you identify with the sentiments, we urge you to try our program. It has helped many of us find solutions that lead to serenity.
- Do you worry about how much someone drinks?
- Do you have money problems because of someone else's drinking?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else's drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker loved you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?
- Are plans frequently upset or canceled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
- Do you make threats, such as, "If you don't stop drinking, I'll leave you"?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker's breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker's behavior?
- Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking?
- Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you often ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
- Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
- Do you sometimes feel like a failure when you think of the lengths you have gone to control the drinker?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel angry, confused or depressed most of the time?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
Are You Troubled by Someone's Drinking?
Did You Grow Up With A Problem Drinker?
Has Your Life Been Affected by Someone's Drinking-Alateen
DETACHMENT JUST FOR TODAY
Al-Anon Family Groups of Greater St. Louis
Office hours 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri
14 Sunnen Drive Suite 144
Maplewood MO 63143
“Al-Anon survives and grows because of the involvement and commitment of its members.”
How Al-Anon Works for Families & Friends of Alcoholics (B-32) Page 117